ULift is a brand of DTZ Singapore and UGL company, as well as a brand for XJ elevators installed in Housing and Development Board (HDB) flats across the country. Very little is known about this brand except that it was founded in 2007.
ULift supply XJ elevators mostly for HDB projects in Singapore, which are installed under the Lift Upgrading Programme, although they have also installed elevators for new blocks as well. The elevator doors are undecorated and appear narrower than those of other companies. Initially, the buttons were circular in shape (batch 1), which from batch 2 onwards became square in shape, similar with other companies. Like most elevator companies that were contracted by HDB, their elevators also use LED floor indicators provided by Dewhurst.
- Main article: Everbright (Hong Kong) Fixtures Guide
Their elevators are mostly using fixtures made by Everbright.
Notable installations in Singapore
- Housing and Development Board (HDB):
- Block 1 and 4 Joo Chiat Complex HDB
- Block 2 Joo Chiat Complex HDB (2014)
- Block 221 Boon Lay Place HDB (2009)
- Block 40 Sims Avenue HDB (2010)
- Block 511 Ayer Rajah HDB
- Block 66 Taman Jurong HDB
- Block 410, 889A Tampines HDB
- Block 715, 723 West Coast HDB
- Block 186 Toa Payoh Central HDB (2009)
- Block 130 Marsiling HDB
- Block 57, 218, 413 Bedok HDB
- Block 237 Jurong East HDB
- Block 41 Teban Gardens HDB
- Block 431 Ang Mo Kio HDB
- Block 10, 12 Telok Blangah HDB
- Block 262A Serangoon HDB
- Block 101 Towner Road HDB
- Block 307 Woodlands HDB(2010)
An elevator which indentified to be a ULift had broke down and caused two youngsters to be trapped inside for an hour. Both youngsters were not injured. An investigation had shown that the interlocks has been misused by renovation workers renovating a flat. The renovation company was fined $2000 and was ordered to pay for the repair works on the elevator.
Notes and references
- ↑ Replacement from 1980s Fujitec elevator.
- ↑ Modernized from 1980s Schindler elevator.
- ↑ Replacement from 1960s Otis freight elevators with manual doors.
- ↑ STOMP SCDF Officers Rescue Two Boys Trapped in Lift That Breaks Down Frequently