|U.S. Elevator Corporation|
1969 (United States)
Cubic Corporation (1969), Thyssen (1993)
U.S. Elevator Corp. (or United States Elevator) was an American elevator company owned by Cubic Corporation.
Nothing is known about the company before 1970.
U.S. Elevator Corporation was acquired by Cubic Corporation in 1970. U.S. Elevator Corporation was possibly the first company to make a microprocessor controlled elevator. In 1994, Cubic Corporation was negotiating to sell U.S. Elevator Corp. to Thyssen. Cubic Corporation, the corporation that owned U.S. Elevator Corp., "exited the elevator manufacturing business" in 1993. Thyssen sold most of their elevators in the United States under U.S. Elevator Corp, with the same designs as previously used. In Canada, some Thyssen branded elevators also use the U.S. designs. In 1999, the U.S. elevator name was completely phased out.
- Further information: U.S. Elevator Fixtures Guide
The late U.S. elevators are the Soft Touch models and only came in hydraulic elevators. These were made from 1989 to 1999. The Soft Touch U.S. Hydraulic elevators are mostly found in California in locations such as Casa Palmero Pebble Beach, Silver Oak Elementary School San Jose and Point Loma Nazarene University San Diego. Since these fixtures had the red halo lights around the fixtures, like ThyssenKrupp's Auroras, a lot of elevator fanatics thought that these models may have been made with Thyssen.
- 1986 - Central Elevator Co. (United States)
- Casa Palmero, Pebble Beach, CA
- Tony Gwynn Stadium, San Diego, CA
- Silver Oak Elementary School, San Jose, CA
- Point Loma Nazarene University, San Diego, CA
- Most (if not all) WMATA stations, Washington DC and surrounding areas
- Landmark Mall Parking Deck, Alexandria, VA
- Elmwood Park Garage, Roanoke, VA (modernized by ThyssenKrupp in 2015)
- Allied Arts Building, Lynchburg, VA
- City Hall, Lynchburg, VA
- Best Western Atlanta Airport, Hapeville, GA
- Moreno Elementary School, El Paso, TX
- Parkland Hospital, Dallas, TX
- Irving Comunity Hospital, Irving, TX
- 800 Austin Street, West Tower, Evanston, IL (modernized by generic in 2004?)
- Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, Chicago, IL
- Balmoral Plaza at 443 N. Ballas Rd, St. Louis, MO
- Crowne Plaza Airport Hotel, St. Louis, MO
- Country Inn & Suites, Asheville, NC
- Hilton Los Angeles Airport, Los Angeles, CA, United States (modernized by Mitsubishi with Mitsubishi DOAS in 2017)