- Not to be confused with Kone, which using similar Chinese name.
Tonic Electronic Engineering (Chinese: 通力電子工程) is a company based in Hong Kong, People's Republic of China since 1989. They also operate the manufacturing facilitates in Shenzhen, China, under their subsidiary, Smartonic Technologies (Chinese: 萬事通科技).
Tonic Electronic Engineering was established in 1989. They also operate the manufacturing facilitates in Shenzhen, China, under their subsidiary, Smartonic Technologies. They were certified comply the ISO 9001 in 1999 and ISO 9001:2000 in 2001.
In 1998, the "Design Manual: Barrier Free Access 1997 (設計手冊：暢通無阻的通道 1997, BFA 1997)" standard by Buildings Department has established. They produce the "Automatic Floor Announcement Unit" and "Lift Intercom System" to comply the BFA 1997 standard. Almost both major elevator companies and third-party elevator maintenance companies in Hong Kong were choosing their components.
They only produce one type of elevator alarm buzzer, as they easily identify by the orange box with the "LIFT ALARM" (Chinese: 升降機警報器) word etched on the front panel. It could be a replacement of the original alarm bell or installed for the new installations.
LED and LCD floor indicators
They provide different types of the floor indicators. 16-Segmented, LED dot-matrix and LCD floor indicators. Most of their LED dot-matrix floor indicators are higher density, to display Chinese characters.
Their intercom system can build-up with the three way communications connected between elevator car, lobby security counter/security room/shroff office and machine room/MRL control panel.
Lift Access Control system
The access control system can choose either password keypad or the smart card with the card reader.
Backup power supply for lift car
Those usually installed on the car-top for lighting, intercom and ventilating in the elevator car.
Automatic Floor Announcement Unit
- Most of the Public Housing Estate blocks built by Hong Kong Housing Authority, Hong Kong, China (1999 to present, with multiple contractors)
- Seaview Crescent, Tung Chung, Lantau Island, Hong Kong, China (2002, by Otis)
- Two International Finance Centre, Central, Hong Kong, China (2003, by Otis)
- Hong Kong Police Headquarters, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, China (2005, by ThyssenKrupp)
- From the elevator enthusiasts in Hong Kong, China, they always called the Tonic "Automatic Floor Announcement Unit" voiceover as the either "Otis Voice" or "Schindler Voice", when those components mainly installed in the both Otis and Schindler elevators in Hong Kong, China. However, these terms were misleading as those can be installed on the elevators installed by other companies.
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 OTIS Traction Elevators-iTOWER at iSQUARE-Hong Kong
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 赤柱美利樓OTIS升降機
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 [NO 13 FLOOR] 2 New Schindler MRL Service Traction Elevator @Star House, Tsim Sha Tsui
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 ThyssenKrupp Traction Elevator at Highgrade Building,Tsim Sha Tsui,Kowloon,Hong Kong
- ↑ Fujitec Traction Elevator at Youth Square,Chai Wan,Hong Kong
- ↑ Otis Traction Elevator at Harbour Plaza 8 Degress Hotel , To Kwan Wan , Kowloon , Hong Kong
- ↑ ThyssenKrupp M.R.L.(Machine-Room-Less) Traction Elevator Jordon Centre, Jordon, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- ↑ Schindler Traction Elevator at Jockey Club Hall, Centennial Campus, Hong Kong University, Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong
- ↑ Schindler Traction elevator Elevator at Hong Kong International Trade & Exhibition Centre, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- ↑ OTIS Traction Elevator at Shan Chuen House, Shui Chuen O Estate, Sha Tin, N.T., Hong Kong
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 日常我們聽到d電梯迷常話某公司品牌廣播其實是錯誤的觀念 應叫共用廣播 奧的斯、迅達、Thyssen、日立、其士是用通力電子為主的共用件 (Facebook Group: hkelev.com)
- ↑ OTIS Traction Elevator at Po Shun House, Po Heung Estate, Tai Po, N.T., Hong Kong
- Official website
- English version of the official website (some of the pages may not translated in English)
|Third-party elevator components companies|
|Adams • Arkel • BUT-SAN • CEDES • C. E. Electronics • C.J. Anderson • Dewhurst (ERM) • DMG (Mad) • ECI • EPCO • ESI • Everbright • Fermator Group • GAL • Hollister-Whitney • Hong Jiang • Innovation Industries • Jinlix • JRT • Kronenberg • LiSA • Langer & Laumann • Lester Controls • Magnetek • MCE • Meiller Group • Mico Control • Monarch Control • Monitor • NewLift • O.Thompson • Peelle • PTL • Salient • Schaefer • Sematic Group • STEP • Tonic Electronic Engineering/Smartonic Technologies • Tung Da Electric • TVC • Vander Electronic Technology • Vega • Virginia Controls • Wittur Group/Selcom • More...|
|Full list: List of elevator and escalator companies|
|See also: Third-party elevator maintenance companies|