| Shanghai Mitsubishi Elevator Co. Ltd.|
1987 (Shanghai, China)
Minhang, Shanghai, China
Shanghai Mitsubishi Elevator Co. Ltd. (Chinese: 上海三菱电梯有限公司, also knows as SMEC) is an elevator and escalator company which is a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Electric Elevator of Japan. As its name suggest, its headquarter is located in the town of Minhang, Shanghai, China. It is one of the largest elevator manufacturer in China.
Shanghai Mitsubishi elevator was established in 1987 under a joint venture with four companies:
- Shanghai Mechanical & Electrical Investment Corporation
- China National Machinery Import & Export Corporation
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan)
- Hongkong Ryoden (Holding) Limited
- GPS-II and GPS-III: Traction elevator (discontinued)
- GPS-BIII: Bed elevator based on GPS-III (discontinued)
- GPS-CR: Residential elevator (discontinued)
- HOPE-II: Traction elevator
- HOPE-II G: Freight elevator
- LEHY-II: Gearless mini machine room traction elevator.
- LEHY-III: Gearless compact machine room traction elevator.
- LEHY-M: Medium to high-rise elevator.
- LEHY-MRL: Machine room less elevator.
- LEHY-IIB: Bed elevator based on LEHY-II.
- Elenessa: Machine room less elevators (possibly discontinued)
- Observation elevators
- CIC-V: Vehicle elevator
- SD-BS: Dumbwaiter
Escalators and moving walks
- J-Type: Escalator
- Series K: Escalator
- Series C: Moving walk
Distributors/sole agents outside Shanghai
- Delta Elevator Company (Libya)
- Eltech Engineering Co. Ltd. (Bangladesh)
- Excel Lift Ltd. (Singapore)
- Lighthouse Elevator Engineering (Hong Kong) 
- My Elevator (MYE) (Malaysia)
- Nguyen Khang Elevator (Vietnam)
- PMS India (India)
- PT. Cahaya Cipta Abadi (Indonesia)
- PT. Wahana Elok Langgeng Lestari (Indonesia, since 1994)
- S.E.C. (East African) Company Limited (Tanzania)
- SAASA Corporation (Pakistan)
- Shanghai Electric Middle East FZCO (Middle East region)
- Shanghai Indian Elevators (South India)
Shanghai Mitsubishi elevators were also distributed by Liftronic in Australia, but Liftronic has since stopped distributing them.
Notable elevator installations
Main article: Shanghai Mitsubishi Elevator Fixtures Guide
- Like Mitsubishi Elenessa and NEXIEZ-MRL, the control board for Shanghai Mitsubishi LEHY-MRL and Elenessa machine room less elevators is located hidden behind the hall station on the top floor. A keyhole on the bottom of the hall station is used to access the control board.
Notes and references
- ↑ Lighthouse usually install Shanghai Mitsubishi elevators for replacement of old elevators in Hong Kong.
- ↑ Shanghai Mitsubishi Traction elevator in Linfond Mansion, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Official website
- Shanghai Mitsubishi Middle East Operation
- PT. Wahana Elok Langgeng Lestari (distributor in Indonesia)
|Subsidiary elevator companies|
|Chevalier • Express Evans • GiantKONE • Haushahn • Hosting • Liftmaterial • MacGregor • Mashiba • Shanghai Mitsubishi • Sigma • Xizi Otis|
|Full list: List of elevator and escalator companies|
|See also: Third-party elevator maintenance companies|