Compass (now known as CompassPlus) is a destination dispatch elevator system of Otis Elevator Company. It was launched in 2005, and the first system was installed in 7 World Trade Center in New York, United States.
The Compass system speed the passenger on his/her way with efficient, personalized service. It helps them avoid the crowds, skip stops, and get where they are going without the extra wait. The system ensures an easy trip for every passenger, such as featuring standard Braille keypads, voice instructions and floor announcements, interactive directories, and additional time to enter and exit the elevator for passengers with disabilities. It also has the ability to designate specific elevators for deliveries or other building needs. Otis Compass can be applied in multiple elevator banks and either single or double deck elevators.
In 2013, Otis launched a new generation of the Compass destination dispatch system called CompassPlus. It replaces the traditional up and down push-button elevator system with an array of customizable touch-capable fixtures in the elevator lobbies. A passenger enters his or her destination from the hallway, rather than from inside the elevator, using a keypad or touchscreen device; receives an elevator assignment, which is shown on the touchscreen; follows directions to the assigned elevator; and proceeds to his or her destination.
- RBC Centre, Toronto, ON
- Royal Centre, Vancouver, B.C.
- CIBIS NINE, Jakarta (2016)
- Satrio Tower, Jakarta (2016)
- Ciputra World Jakarta 2, Jakarta (2015)
- Millenium Centennial Tower, Jakarta (under construction)
- Thaniya Plaza, Bangkok (2016)
- Panjathani Tower, Bangkok
- Tipco Tower, Bangkok
- Silom Complex Office Tower, Bangkok (2017, under modernization)
- 7 World Trade Center, New York City, NY
- The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square, San Fransisco, CA
- Parc 55 San Francisco, San Francisco CA
- Wilshire Grand Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Swissôtel Chicago, IL
- LondonHouse, Chicago, IL
- JPMorgan Chase Centre, Houston, TX
- Cathedral of Learning, Oakland, PA (2016)
- EAST, Miami, Miami, FL
- London Hilton on Park Lane, United Kingdom
- Burj Khalifa, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Nave Nof Tower, Bat Yam, Israel
- Energy Plaza, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Hong Kong, China
- FIT Centre, Macau, China (modernizations)
- Bitexco Financial Center, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- The Arcade, Raffles Place, Singapore
- Colonial Centre, Sydney, Australia
- Riparian Plaza, Brisbane, Australia (modernisation in progress)
- State Insurance Building, Wellington, New Zealand (modernizations)
Notes and references
- ↑ Elevator World India magazine (4th Quarter, 2013)
- ↑ Modernized from Otis Elevonic 401 elevators.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Hybrid configuration.
- ↑ Modernized from Westinghouse elevators. Modernization project started in September 2014 and was schedueled to be completed in March 2016.
- ↑ Modernized from old Otis Autotronic elevators in 2013.
- ↑ Modernized from Express Lift elevators which were originally installed in the early 1980s.
- Compass brochure
- CompassPlus Destination Management
- Otis Worldwide - A Visual Timeline (jump to the 2000-Present tab)
|Elevator Destination Dispatch|
Compass (Otis) • DOAS-S (Mitsubishi) • Destination Floor Reservation System (Hitachi) • Destination Reservation Guidance System (Fujitec) • Destination Selection Control (thyssenkrupp) • Miconic 10 (Schindler) • Polaris (Kone) • PORT (Schindler) • SchindlerID (Schindler)