1964 (San Sebastián, Spain)
Electra Vitoria (founded in 1962)
Orona is a Spanish elevator company founded in 1964 and currently headquartered in Hernani, Gipuzkoa, Spain. They have a subsidiary called Electra Vitoria which was founded in 1962. Orona also operates globally with branches and distributors located in different countries.
Orona was founded in 1964 in San Sebastián as Orona, S. Coop, which was originally a manufacturer of boiler making equipment. They started making elevators in 1967 under license from Sabiem, an Italian elevator company. Their elevators had design and fixtures from Sabiem and were branded as "Orona Sabiem". In the same year Orona merged with MASTRA. In 1975, they started making their own elevators under the Orona brand after their license with Sabiem expired. It was the largest elevator company in Spain in 1983. In 1989, Orona started making escalators.
In February 2016, Orona acquired EST Ascenseurs of France and Heis 1 Group of Norway.
3G is Orona's current line of traction (machine room less and with machine room) and hydraulic elevator products.
- Main article: Orona Elevator Fixtures Guide
- Main article: List of notable Orona elevator installations
- Ace Lift
- Independent Lifts
- Triangle Lift Services
- Triple S Lift Services
- A. M. S.
- Alti-Lift (Brest)
- Loire Ascenseurs (Vienne and Lyon)
- All-in Liften
- AMG Elevadores (Brazil)
- Liftwise (UK)
- AMSLift (Finland)
- Aslec (France)
- Eggert Aufzuge Gmbh (Germany, discontinued)
- Elevadores Internacional (Mexico)
- Heis-Tek, Elevator AS, and Heis 1 Group (Norway)
- Länets Hiss (Västernorrland, Sweden, discontinued)
- Nasco Trading LLC (United Arab Emirate)
- PT. Delta Mitra Perkasa (Indonesia)
- Shan On Engineering (Hong Kong, China, for MRL elevators only and installed under their subsidiary "Electra Vitoria" names, discontinued).
- Solar Alert Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia)
- Lao Peng Nguan Co., Ltd. (Thailand)
Notes and references
- ↑ Nuestra Historia - Orona (Spanish)
- ↑ Botoneras - Ascensores Polo
- ↑ Orona history (Spanish)
- ↑ Heis 1 Group has been a distributor of Orona in Norway for 14 years and has locations in six Norwegian cities.
- ↑ Shan On Engineering was taken over by Kone in Hong Kong, China from 2017.
- ↑ Shan On Engineering Co. Ltd.