|Montgomery Elevator Company|
Montgomery Elevator Company was a United States based elevator company, based in Moline, Illnois.
Montgomery Elevator Company was founded in 1892. The company entered the elevator industry in 1910 and established its first branch office in Kansas City in 1914. It was the fourth largest elevator company in the U.S. at that time. Montgomery installed its first high-speed gearless elevators in the Kansas City Power and Light Building, which at that time was the tallest building in the west of Missisippi River until 1976. The elevators in the building were first modernized in 1961 and again refurbished in 1992.
- Rivercenter Mall, San Antonio, TX
- Intercontinental Dallas, Dallas, TX
- Kansas City Marriott Main Tower, Kansas City, MO
- KONE Tower, Moline, IL
- Swissotel Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Chicago Sheraton, Chicago, IL
- Magna Place, St. Louis, MO
- 101 Park Blvd., Plano, TX
- Honolulu Airport, Honolulu, HI
- The Royal Plaza Hotel, Lake Buena Vista, FL
- Jurrasic Park Discovery Center - Universal Studios, Orlando, FL
- San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, CA
- The Hilton Hotel, Minneapolis, MN
- Missouri State Capitol, Jefferson City, MO
- 800 Austin Street, East Tower, Evanston, IL
- The Canadian division was acquired by Kone in 1985.
- Montgomery is often called "Monty" by several YouTube elevator enthusiasts.
- There are several patents invented by this company, they are: