Mitsubishi GPX was a standard compact passenger elevator manufactured by Mitsubishi Electric Elevator for overseas market, mainly for the Southeast Asian market.
GPX is similar to GPS-III, although this model has limited basic specifications. It is a geared traction elevator model for low-rise buildings up to 16 floors. Features includes Reduced Information Set Computer (RISC) microprocessors, variable voltage variable frequency (VVVF) inverters, Data Network System with multiple microprocessor modules and a single System LSI semiconductor device.
Due to its similarity with GPS-III, the only way to identify if a Mitsubishi elevator is a GPX is by looking at where the rated capacity is listed. Unlike GPS-III where the rated capacity is listed on the floor indicator display (just above the speaker, only for flush mounted car stations), GPX elevators have their rated capacity shown in a separate badge below the floor indicator display. In addition, Mitsubishi GPX does not have a service cabinet below the car station.
This model was first marketed in 1998 and was discontinued around late 2000s.
GPS-III specifications complied with Japan, EN-81 and Malaysia/Singapore code.
- Geared traction
- VVVF control and Data Network System with multiple microprocessor modules
- One or two-car selective collection operation
- 400-700 kilograms (or 5-10 persons) capacities
- 60 m/min of rated speed
- Travel up to 16 floors
- 50 meters of maximum travel
- 2500 mm of minimum floor height
- 120 times/hour of frequency of starting
- Mitsubishi Emergency Landing Device (MELD) as an optional feature
- Mitra Hadiprana Kemang (extension), Jakarta, Indonesia (2007)
- Cipta Fruit Market, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Universitas Indonesia - Fakultas Kesehatan Masyarakat (Faculty of Citizens Health), Depok, Indonesia
- Nirmala Hotel Jimbaran, Bali, Indonesia (2007)
- Kikuya Sampeng Store, Bangkok, Thailand
- D Varee Diva Bally Silom, Bangkok, Thailand
- Khaosan Palace Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
- City Hotel, Krabi, Thailand
- Pattawia Resort & Spa, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand
- Hotel Fonton, Ixtapa, Mexico