The Mitsubishi GPQ elevator is a machine room less elevator designed for residential and commercial buildings. It is divided into two models; one is the R-type and another is the P-type. The R-type can carry a load of 450 or 600 kilograms (6 to 9 persons), while the P-type can carry up to 1000 kilograms (13 persons). It can travel up to 60 meters or 25 landings.
Mitsubishi GPQ is a bottom drive machine room less elevator, hence the traction drive is installed at the base of the shaft pit under the guiderails with a sheave at the top of the guiderails. The traction ropes passes the the pulleys at the bottom of the elevator cab and the top of the counterweight. The traction ropes ends at the top of the guiderails on one of the side of the cab and others at the side of the counterweight.
In 2000, Mitsubishi released a EN81 compliant GPQ elevator for European countries.
GPQ was discontinued and succeeded by the Elenessa model in 2001.
- 450 or 600 kg (for R-type)
- 450 / 600 / 750 / 900 / 1000 kg (for P-type)
- 45 / 60 / 90 m/min (for R-type)
- Up to 105 m/min (for P-type)
- Can serve up to 25 floors
- Can travel up to 60 meters
- Two speed telescopic side opening doors for R-type and center opening doors for P-type. It is unknown if double entrance doors were available as an option.