January 15, 1921 (Tokyo, Japan)
Tokyo Building, Marunouchi, Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan
Mitsubishi Elevator is a Japanese manufacturing company that belongs to a division of Mitsubishi Electric Group. The company manufactures elevators and escalators since in the 1930s.
Mitsubishi began inventing elevators in the 1930s. In the 1980s, Mitsubishi manufactures the world's first inverter VVVF elevator. Mitsubishi started installing elevators in North America in 1985. Mitsubishi invented a "spiral escalator" in 1985 and the first spiral escalator in the world was installed in Osaka, Japan.
In 1993, Mitsubishi supplied elevators to Yokohama Landmark Tower, which is the fastest elevators in the world at that time until 2004 when the record was surpassed by Toshiba in Taipei 101 Tower (later by Otis in Burj Khalifa). In the 2000s, Elenessa, Mitsubishi's machine room less (M.R.L.) elevator product was launched.
Mitsubishi currently has its headquarter in Tokyo and a manufacturing plant in Inazawa, which is called Mitsubishi Electric Inazawa Works. There is also an elevator test tower located there, the SOLAE test tower, which is the tallest elevator testing tower in the world.
- NexWay, high speed elevators.
- NexWay-S, standard and compact machine room elevators.
- Elenessa (or Elepaq for Japan), M.R.L. elevators.
- NEXIEZ-MR, standard machine room elevators.
- NEXIEZ-S, compact machine room elevators.
- NEXIEZ-MRL, M.R.L elevators.
- DiamondTrac, M.R.L elevators for USA.
- GPM-III, high speed elevators for USA.
- GFM-T, freight elevators.
- DOAS-S (Destination Oriented Prediction System), destination dispatch elevator system. It work faster than Schindler Miconic 10 and Schindler ID.
- Home elevators.
- Escalator Series Z.
- Spiral Escalator.
- Moving Walks.
- Ryoden Dumbwaiter.
- Modernization elevators such as Elemotion, GPS and NexWay Mod.
Mitsubishi elevators also have a battery-powered emergency power source, called Mitsubishi Emergency Landing Device (MELD).
- Shanghai Mitsubishi Elevator Co. Ltd.
- Ryoden Elevator and Construction Ltd.
- China Ryoden Elevator
Main article: List of Notable Installations of Mitsubishi Elevator
Announcements in elevators
Mitsubishi elevators installed over time have different announcements. One such example is the English ones. Intially,elevators installed before 2011 with announcements uses the Japanese Women's voiceovers but it has discontinued and replaced with the Chinese Women Voiceovers.
Some Mitsubishi elevators in Singapore have their announcements changed into simpler English for the elderly. Here are the notable changes:
1st storey→storey one
First Basement→Basement one
Due to a fault,this elevator is not levelled properly. Please watch your step→Please watch your step,this elevator is not levelled properly
In November 2006, the European branch of Mitsubishi elevator and escalator division was fined 479 million Euros by the European Union after found out that Mitsubishi was doing price fixing over 9 years. Other manufacturers that were fined including Otis, Schindler, Kone and ThyssenKrupp.
- When the door open button in Mitsubishi elevators is kept pressed for a long time, there will be a voice guidance says "Sorry to keep you waiting" when the doors are closing.
- Their Elenesa MRL elevator product line is also offered in Shanghai Mitsubishi elevators.
Landing door sills
- ↑ hkelev - Destination Dispatch system
- ↑ Also a subsidiary of Ryoden Elevator.
- ↑ Price fixing cartel incident
- Shanghai Mitsubishi
- Mitsubishi Elevator Fixtures Guide
- Mitsubishi Elevator Fixtures Guide (American)
- Milestones in Mitsubishi Elevator
- Official website
- American site
- Hong Kong site
- Thailand site
- Japan site
- Vietnam site
- Shanghai Mitsubishi Elevator official website
- An example video for the elevator system working with Mitsubishi DOAS
|List of elevator and escalator companies|
Other/small/historic companies: A&P. Steven • Asea Graham • Automobile Rotary Lift Co. • Bennie Lifts • Boral • CNIM • Deve • Dong Yang • Elevators Pty. Ltd. • Ellis & McDougall • Evans Lifts • Fiam • Giant • GoldStar • Hammond & Champness • Haughton • Haushahn • Hitachi • IFE • Indolift • Johns & Waygood • LG-OTIS • LG • Liftmaterial • Marryat & Scott • Marshall • Montgomery • Montgomery KONE • Nippon • Orenstein & Koppel • Pickerings Lifts • Sabiem • Seaberg • Shanghai Mitsubishi • SJEC • Staley • Stannah • Thyman • ThyssenKrupp Dongyang • Toshiba • U.S. Elevator • Waygood Otis • Westinghouse • Xizi Otis
|Other than above are marked as generic elevator companies.|