|Marryat & Scott Lifts Ltd.|
A modified Thyssen logo installed on the Thyssen escalator installed by Marryat & Scott.
Joseph Richmond, Howard Marryat, Murray Scott
Kone Marryat Scott
Marryat & Scott was a British elevator/lift manufacturer.
Marryat & Scott was founded by Joseph Richmond in the 1860s. At that time, he established a small hydraulic elevator company called Richmond Lifts. In the 1900s, Howard Marryat took over Richmond Lifts and began making traction elevators. In the 1920s, Murray Scott joined the company and Richmond Lifts was renamed to Marryat & Scott. Kone then took over the company in 1979 and their products were branded as Kone Marryat Scott until in the early 1980s. Their operating businesses in Hong Kong and Singapore were taken over by Kone, and they are now known as simply Kone.
In 1979, a company named "ALS" (Associated Lift Services) was established by former staffs of Marryat & Scott who do not want to work for Kone when Marryat & Scott was taken over.
- Gunnersbury Court, Acton
- Tower House, Redhill
Alders, Croydon(now closed) Whitgift Centre, Croydon(now closed)
- St. Andrew Church, Worchester
- St. Johns Hotel, Solihull
- Union Square, parking garage Torquay, Devon
- Benendon Hospital, Cranbrook
- HOF, Hull
- Mercure Seafront, Brighton
- Broadgate Car Park, Lincoln
- Wan Tsui Shopping Centre, Hong Kong (1980)
- Ngau Chi Wan Municipal Services Building, Ngau Chi Wan (1983)
- Aberdeen Municipal Services Building, Hong Kong
- Yau Mau Tei Multi-storey Car Park, Yau Mau Tei, Hong Kong (1984)
- Wong Fuk Court Car Park, Tai Po, Hong Kong (1983)
- The Link Properties - Lung Hang Shopping Centre, Sha Tin, Hong Kong (1983)
- Butterfly Shopping Centre, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong (1984)
- Housing and Development Board (HDB) blocks in Singapore
- The Quadrant (19 Cecil Street)
- Blocks built by the Housing and Development Board in Singapore:
- Block 10 Teban Gardens HDB
- Block 15, 16, 17, 21, 23, 31 Holland Village HDB
Chek Tsui House, Wan Tsui Estate, Hong Kong (1980) Fook Tsui House, Wan Tsui Estate, Hong Kong (1980)
- Marryat & Scott also had another divisions located in Kenya, Uganda, and some parts of Africa since 50 years ago. They are now operated by Kone.
- Marryat & Scott was also a distributor of Thyssen escalators in both United Kingdom and Hong Kong in 1970s-1980s.
- ↑ ALS Lift Company in Beno Lift Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Branded as Kone Marryat Scott.
- ↑ Only 1 of the 4 elevator installed by them. Another 3 of the 4 elevators are installed by Sabiem Elevator. It was later modernized by Kone in late 2012.
- ↑ Refurbished by Kone in 2004.
- ↑ Most of these flats have their original Marryat & Scott elevators refurbished or have been replaced under Lift Upgrading Programme.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Refurbished by Thames Valley Controls in the 1990's.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Elevators in these building replaced by Otis under the Lift Modernisation Programme.