The elevator or escalator major alterations are the legal terms for some modifications in the existing elevators and escalators. To ensure the public safety, the elevator or escalator engineers need to arrange a examination after the major alterations.
For the escalator modernization, this applied for major alterations for just leave the truss in the current escalator site when replacing some critical parts, even replace the controller and the motor.
Common definitions of the elevator major alterations by countries
Notes and references
- ↑ Electrical and Mechanical Services Department, Hong Kong - Circular No. 19/2011 Guidelines for Modernising Existing Lifts
- ↑ "大家近期去灣仔電腦城時有否發覺大堂的自動梯變得時尚美觀之餘，乘搭舒適度大為提升? 這是因為該商場採用了通力EcoMod™自動梯優化改造方案進行全面升級。", Facebook page: KONE Hong Kong.
- ↑ Electrical and Mechanical Services Department, Hong Kong - Circular No. 12/2016 Modernization of Existing Escalators
- hkill.hk - Hong Kong Ordinances (<Lifts and Escalators (Safety) Ordinance (Chapter 327)> Section 4: Lift major alterations)
- hkill.hk - Hong Kong Ordinances (<Lifts and Escalators Ordinance (Chapter 618)> Sched 1 Major Alterations) (Escalator major alterations definition added)
| "This elevator only serves two floors." |
This article is a stub. You can help Elevatorpedia by expanding it.
|Escalator and Moving Walkway|