|LM Liftmaterial GmbH|
1967 (Munich, Germany)
Liftmaterial (formerly Lift Munich or simply known as LM) is a German elevator manufacturing company based in Munich, Germany. They manufacture different types of elevators like passenger elevator, freight elevator, and vehicle elevators. It is part of the Sematic Group since 2000. Until on August 11, 2015, Sematic Group was taken over by Wittur Group. It becomes a subsidiary of Wittur Group.
The company was founded in 1967 as Lift Munich, and at that time it was a supplier of elevator components for the German elevator industry. In 2000, the company merged with Sematic Group. It is unknown when the company changed name to Liftmaterial.
The company completely transfered to Wittur Group on August 11, 2015 in order to create a leading global supplier to the elevator industry. Both companies have signed an agreement on the transfer of a controlling interest in Sematic to Wittur. Despite this merge agreement signed, the "LM Liftmaterial" brand still exist as a part of Wittur Group for the complete elevator systems.
Chengdu Lift Munich Co., Ltd (LMH) was founded in 2002 by a cooperation of Liftmaterial from Munich, Germany and Huihuang Group in Chengdu, China.
- Further information: Project of reference
- Nina Tower, Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong (2007, freight elevator)
- Galaxy Macau
- JW Marriott Macau
- Departemen Perhubungan (Ministry of Transport), Jakarta
- Mercedez-Benz Showroom, Jakarta (passenger and vehicle elevator)
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Resort, Bali (1991, some have been modernized)
- Ibnu Sina Hospital, Makassar
- Erewan Shopping Mall, Moscow, Russia
- Raykin Plaza Shopping Center, Moscow, Russia
- Southwest Avenue Shopping Center, Moscow, Russia
- RIO Shopping Center, Obruchёvsky, Moscow, Russia
- Toys "R" Us, Festival City Mall, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Festival City Mall, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- IBEC Building, Jakarta, Indonesia (1986-2013, building demolished)
- Graha Iskandarsyah, Jakarta, Indonesia (replaced into Hyundai and Sigma elevators)
- In the 1980s-1990s, Lift Munich elevators in Indonesia were distributed by PT. Tanjung Raya Elok.
Notes and references
- Official website
- Chengdu Lift Munich Co., Ltd. (official website)
- Sematic Group (official website)
|Subsidiary elevator companies|
|Chevalier • Express Evans • GiantKONE • Haushahn • Hosting • Liftmaterial • MacGregor • Mashiba • Shanghai Mitsubishi • Sigma • Xizi Otis|
|Full list: List of elevator and escalator companies|
|See also: Third-party elevator maintenance companies|