Kone Alta was Kone's high rise elevator system designed for high rise buildings. It was introdued in 1996. In the United States, this model appeared to have been discontinued in 2012, but is most likely still available, but only on custom order.
Kone Alta features the EcoDisc hoisting machine based on Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor technology. It also equipped with Traffic Master 9900 GA (Genetic Algorithm) artificial intelligence. They are available as single and double deck cars, and can travel up to 500 meters (1600 ft). The Kone JumpLift solution can also be used for this model.
It's hoisting machine, the EcoDisc MX 100, can generate a top speed of 17 meters per second (3400 fpm). The EcoDisc hoisting machine is based on Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM) technology.
- EcoDisc gearless machine based on Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM)
- Single or double deck
- Maximum load:
- 2000 kg (4400 lb) for single deck car
- 5000 kg (11000 lb) for double deck cars
- 10000 kg (22000 lb) for freight elevators
- Maximum speed:
- 17 m/s (3400 fpm) for single deck car
- 10 m/s (2000 fpm) for double deck cars
- 4 m/s (800 fpm) for freight elevators
- M-Series fixtures for older installations and Delta fixtures for later installations. Dewhurst fixtures were also provided as an option.
- Series 220, Delta (Innovation) and Various KSS fixtures. Innovation fixtures on custom order in the United States.
- Serves 6-128 floors
- Up to 500 meters (1600 ft) of travel height
- KONE E-link elevator monitoring system
- Can be combined with Kone Polaris as an option
Main article: List of notable Kone Alta elevator installations