|PT. Indo Elevator Mfg. (Ltd.)|
1981 (Surabaya, Indonesia)
PT. Kone Indo Elevator
Indolift was established in 1981 and at that time they used imported parts from Semag Elevator. They started making their own products in 1985.
In 1994, Kone established a joint venture with Indolift as a mean of entering the Indonesian market. They owned a 46% shareholding in the joint venture. A year later, the joint venture was 100% acquired by Kone and the company changed name into PT. KONE Indo Elevator. After the acquisition, Kone began installing elevators that were pretty much identical to 1990s Indolift elevators that were produced and installed before the acquisition, such as reusing Indolift's signal fixtures, cabs, and other components. Kone's 1980s-1990s M-Series chimes were also used on these elevators as well. There are still a few number of such Kone installations that can be found in Indonesia. An example of such installations can be found at Graha Pena, Surabaya.
Indolift once had its office (and possibly a factory) located in Rungkut Menanggal, Surabaya. After the acquisition, Kone opened a factory in Waru, Sidoarjo (now closed) and a branch office in Jl. Untung Suropati, Surabaya, before moving to a building somewhere in the city and later moved again to Waru, Sidoarjo where it is currently located.
Notable installations in Indonesia
There are still quite few numbers of Indolift elevators exist in the country, but some of them have been put out of service indefinitely, modernized or replaced by elevator companies.
- Papa Jack Kopitiam - Lokasari Square
- Plaza Mebel Fatmawati (1992)
- grandkemang Hotel, Kemang (1993, two have been modernized by LiSA)
- Moemoe Cafe Mahakam (refurbished by AMKA)
- Cilandak 88 Condominium
- RS Khusus THT - Bedah KL Proklamasi (1991, dumbwaiter)
- Ombudsman Republik Indonesia, Kuningan
- Universitas Indonesia - School of Dentistry, Salemba
- PT. Thomas Express, Gunung Sahari
- Graha Pos Indonesia (formerly Wahana Bakti Pos Building)
- Limijati Women's and Children's Hospital (Building A)
- Halmahera Siaga Hospital (1992)
- Savoy-Homann Hotel (mostly have been modernized and replaced into Louser Lift)
- Institute of Technology Bandung
- Labtek V
- Labtek VI
- Hotel Baltika
- Inna Garuda Hotel (extension, 1991)
- The Phoenix Hotel (refurbished by APG Elevator)
- Abadi Hotel (service elevator)
- University of National Development "Veteran" (Administration Building)
- Gotong Royong Hospital (older building, modernized in 2015)
- Klinik Medis Pusura (Jl. Mayjend Sungkono)
- Galeri Indosat Kayoon
- Double Happiness International Restaurant
- August 17th 1945 High School (SMA 17 Agustus 1945)
- November 10th Institute of Technology Library (1995)
- PT. PAL Indonesia, Ujung (extension building, unfinished)
- Sanur Paradise Plaza Hotel, Sanur (1991)
- Bali Anggrek Inn, Kuta (building abandoned)
- Tiban Mosque, Turen, Malang
- Graha Wiyata UNTAG, Surabaya (already replaced)
- Bali Garden Beach Resort, Bali (1988-2014)
- Main article: Indolift Fixtures Guide
- Possibly from the 1980s until early 1990s, Indolift used machines that were manufactured by either Montanari Giulio & C. or Motor Lift s.r.l. from Italy. On later models, they used machines and controllers made by Kone up until the acquisition. This is why some of them have Kone M-Series chimes and directional arrows.
- Their emergency rescue device is called "Emergenzamatic".
- Some 1990s Indolift elevators are using GAL door interlocks.
Notes and reference
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 INDOLIFT Dumbwaiter - RS Khusus THT - Bedah Proklamasi - JKT
- ↑ KONE Indonesia
- ↑ Nice Old KONE Elevator at La Mode Golden Plaza Fatmawati, Jakarta
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 No longer in operation.
- ↑ Main/guest elevators have been modernized, the service elevator is still original.
- ↑ No longer in operation. One elevator has been replaced into LINES.
- ↑ Replaced into Schindler 3300 AP MRL in mid 2014 with FIGS fixtures.
- ↑ FULL Machine Room Tour - 1991 Indolift Traction Elevator