|Hyundai Elevator Co. Ltd.|
Seoul, South Korea
The company started their elevator division on January 1984 under a joint-venture between Hyundai Group and Westinghouse Elevator. In 1989, the joint-venture between Hyundai and Westinghouse was terminated, as Westinghouse was recently acquired by Schindler.
List of products
- STVF: Standard geared traction elevator for low to high-rise buildings made since in the late 1990s. It is the successor of WC-VF.
- LUXEN: Premium gearless traction elevator for low to mid-rise buildings. Also known as LXVF.
- YZER: Machine room less elevator.
- i-XEL: High speed elevator for high-rise buildings. Also known as HSVF.
- The EL 1080: Ultra high speed elevator for high-rise buildings. Also known as SUVF.
- The EL Duo: Double deck elevator.
- Innover: Gearless traction elevator manufactured by Hyundai Elevator China.
- Observation elevator
- Freight & automobile elevator
- Marine elevator
- Home elevator
Escalators and moving walks
- World Class and Millenium: Escalator for commercial applications.
- H-Series: Heavy-duty escalator.
- S-Series: Escalator (not to be confused with Mitsubishi Series S)
- Modular: Escalator for public transport facilities.
- Moving Walk
- VAC: Standard passenger elevator made in the 1980s.
- 60VF and WC-VF: Low to mid-rise VVVF elevator made in the 1990s.
- Time & Space: High-rise elevator made from 2003 to 2012. Also known as FI-T&S. Succeeded by the I-XEL and The EL series.
Notable elevator installations
Main article: List of Notable Elevator Installations of Hyundai
Overseas sole agents/distributors
- Abans Ltd. (Sri Lanka)
- Arabian Elevators & Engineering Co. Ltd. (United Arab Emirate)
- Bseiso Engineering Materials Corp. (Jordan)
- CNS Automation Inc. (United States and Canada)
- Deal General Trading & Contracting Co. (Kuwait)
- Duford East Elevator Pte. Ltd. (Singapore)
- Edgeworks Ltd. (Bangladesh)
- Eleva RD (Dominican Republic)
- G Gear (Cambodia)
- H.E.M Global (Mongolia)
- HD Global (HK) Engineering Service Ltd. (Hong Kong)
- Hyco Industrial Sales Corp. (Philippines)
- Integral International Ltd. (Myanmar)
- International Engineering & Trade (Egypt)
- Islamabad Industrial & Trading Corp. (Pakistan)
- Kinetic Escalator & Elevator Ltd. (India)
- Laman Premium Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia)
- Loxley Public Company (Thailand)
- Master Silver Lift (Russia)
- MBf Norinco Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia, acquired by ThyssenKrupp in 2004)
- Mehfakhr (Iran)
- PT. Superhelindo Jaya Perkasa (Indonesia, since 1993)
- PT. Superhelindo Putra Perkasa (Central Java)
- PT. Superhelindo Jaya (Bali)
- Regional Traders Ltd. (Bangladesh)
- In 2006, 25.5% stake of Hyundai elevator was acquired by Schindler, which is in turn the world's fourth biggest elevator market.
- In South Korea, there are very few Hyundai elevators branded as Schindler.
- Prior to 1999, Hyundai was a distributor for Dover elevators in South Korea.
- Hyundai is the first elevator manufacturer in South Korea to produce double deck elevators. Their double deck elevators have been installed at Hyundai's Asan Elevator Test Tower (2009) and recently at the LG U+ Building in Yong-san, Seoul (2015)
- The longest Hyundai escalators in Indonesia are located in Ciputra World Surabaya in Surabaya. Completed in 2011, these escalators are 16 m high and runs at 30 m/m. Together they allow shoppers to travel 34 m from the ground floor up to the 3rd floor of the mall quickly and conveniently. Traveling from one to another end takes 66 seconds. These escalators have been listed by MURI (Museum Rekor Indonesia) as "the longest escalators in the country".
Notes and references
- ↑ An abbreviation of the Hyundai Elevator Co. Ltd.
- ↑ ThyssenKrupp Elevator reinforces market position in Malaysia)
- ↑ For Jakarta and most part of the country.
|Major elevator companies|
|Dover • Express Lift • Fujitec • Hitachi • Hyundai • Kone • Mitsubishi • Otis • Schindler • Sigma • Thyssen • thyssenkrupp • Toshiba|
|Full list: List of elevator and escalator companies|
|See also: Third-party elevator maintenance companies|