|Hyundai Elevator Co. Ltd.|
Seoul, South Korea
Hyundai Elevator Co. Ltd. (or HELCO) is the elevator and escalator division of Hyundai Group. It is the largest elevator and escalator manufacturer in South Korea regarding its sales, profit, market share.
Hyundai Group's elevator division was established in January 1984 in a joint-venture with Westinghouse Elevator of the United States. In 1989, the joint-venture between Hyundai and Westinghouse was terminated, as Westinghouse was recently acquired by Schindler.
List of products
Elevators (since mid 2000s)
- STVF: Geared traction elevator for low to mid-rise buildings. It is the successor of WC-VF. This model consists of STVF-2, STVF-3, STVF-4, STVF-5 and STVF-7.
- LUXEN: Premium gearless traction elevator for low to mid-rise buildings. Also known as LXVF. This model consists of LXVF-1 and LXVF-7.
- SSVF: Machine room less elevator for low to mid-rise buildings. Also known as YZER. This model consists of SSVF-3, SSVF-5 and SSVF-7.
- i-XEL: High speed elevator for high-rise buildings. Also known as HSVF.
- The EL 1080: Ultra high speed elevator for high-rise buildings. Also known as SUVF.
- The EL Duo: Double deck elevator version of The EL.
- Innover: Gearless traction elevator manufactured by Hyundai Elevator China.
- Observation elevator
- Freight & automobile elevator
- Marine elevator
- Home elevator
Elevators (since 2013)
- WBST1: Geared traction elevator. A sequel of the STVF series.
- WBSS1 and WBSS2: Machine room less elevator. A sequel of the previous YZER version.
- WBLX1: Premium gearless traction elevator. A sequel of the previous LUXEN series, LXVF.
- WBHS1: High-rise elevator. A sequel of the previous i-XEL version, HSVF.
Escalators and moving walks
- World Class and Millenium: Escalator for commercial applications.
- H-Series: Heavy-duty escalator.
- S-Series: Escalator (not to be confused with Mitsubishi Series S)
- Modular: Escalator for public transport facilities.
- Moving Walk
- HELIAS: Hyundai's destination dispatch system.
- AC traction:
- VAC: AC traction passenger elevator model made from 1984 to 1995. Succeeded by the 60VF and WC-VF series.
- VVSR: High speed elevator model made from 1986 to 1995.
- DC traction:
Elevators (1990s to early 2000s)
- 60VF: VVVF traction elevator made from 1992 to 2001.
- WC-VF: VVVF traction elevator made from 1995 until the end of 2001.
- BAX-VF: VVVF traction elevator made from 1993 to 1996.
- FI-3GL and FI-4GL
- FI-T&S: High-rise elevator made from 2003 to 2012. Also known as "Time & Space". Succeeded by i-XEL and The EL series.
Notable elevator installations
Main article: List of Notable Elevator Installations of Hyundai
Overseas sole agents/distributors
- Abans Ltd. (Sri Lanka)
- Arabian Elevators & Engineering Co. Ltd. (United Arab Emirate)
- Bseiso Engineering Materials Corp. (Jordan)
- CNS Automation Inc. (United States and Canada)
- Deal General Trading & Contracting Co. (Kuwait)
- Duford East Elevator Pte. Ltd. (Singapore)
- Edgeworks Ltd. (Bangladesh)
- Eleva RD (Dominican Republic)
- G Gear (Cambodia)
- General Engineering (Dev) Co. Ltd. (Hong Kong)
- H.E.M Global (Mongolia)
- HD Global (HK) Engineering Service Ltd. (Hong Kong)
- Hyco Industrial Sales Corp. (Philippines)
- Integral International Ltd. (Myanmar)
- International Engineering & Trade (Egypt)
- Islamabad Industrial & Trading Corp. (Pakistan)
- Kinetic Escalator & Elevator Ltd. (India)
- Laman Premium Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia)
- Ledico Lift (Israel)
- Loxley Public Company (Thailand)
- Master Silver Lift (Russia)
- MBf Norinco Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia, acquired by ThyssenKrupp in 2004)
- Mehfakhr (Iran)
PT. Superhelindo Jaya Perkasa (Indonesia, since 1993) PT. Superhelindo Putra Perkasa (Central Java) PT. Superhelindo Jaya (Bali)
- Regional Traders Ltd. (Bangladesh)
- In 2006, 25.5% stake of Hyundai elevator was acquired by Schindler, which is in turn the world's fourth biggest elevator market. As the result, there are very few Hyundai elevators in South Korea that are branded as Schindler.
- Prior to 1999, Hyundai was a distributor for Dover elevators in South Korea.
- Hyundai is the first elevator manufacturer in South Korea to produce double deck elevators. Their double deck elevators have been installed at Hyundai's Asan Elevator Test Tower (2009) and recently at the LG U+ Building in Yong-san, Seoul (2015)
- The longest Hyundai escalators in Indonesia are located in Ciputra World Surabaya in Surabaya. Completed in 2011, these escalators are 16 m high and runs at 30 m/m. Together they allow shoppers to travel 34 m from the ground floor up to the 3rd floor of the mall quickly and conveniently. Traveling from one to another end takes 66 seconds. These escalators have been listed by MURI (Museum Rekor Indonesia) as "the longest escalators in the country".
- Since 2007, it has been ranked as number one in the South Korean elevator market, followed by thyssenkrupp Elevator Korea and Otis Elevator Korea.
- In Japan, Hyundai elevators are distributed, installed and branded as DAIKO.
Notes and references
- ↑ An abbreviation of the Hyundai Elevator Co. Ltd.
- ↑ ThyssenKrupp Elevator reinforces market position in Malaysia)
- ↑ For Jakarta and most part of the country.
- ↑ Now changed to PT. Hyundai Elevator Indonesia.
|Major elevator companies|
|Dover • Express Lift • Fujitec • Hitachi • Hyundai • Kone • Mitsubishi • Otis • Schindler • Sigma • Thyssen • thyssenkrupp • Toshiba|
|Full list: List of elevator and escalator companies|
|See also: Third-party elevator maintenance companies|