| Hitachi Elevators and Escalators|
Hitachi Elevators and Escalators (Japanese: 日立エレベーターエンジニアリング Hitachi erebētaenjiniaringu) is a division belongs to the Japanese company Hitachi Ltd. based in Tokyo, Japan, which manufactures elevators and escalators.
Hitachi's elevator and escalator division was established in 1924. In 1966, Hitachi expanded their elevator and escalator businesses outside Japan, in Hong Kong, and later in Singapore in 1972. In 2009, an elevator test tower G1 Tower was completed in Ibaraki Prefecture, which currently the tallest elevator tower in the world at height of 213 meter.
- VFI: Standard MR passenger elevator.
- VFI-II: Standard MR passenger elevator.
- H-EM: Standard passenger elevator
- OUG Series ON-1: Machine room less elevator (up to 32 floors)
- UAG Series SN-1: Machine room less elevator (up to 24 floors)
- MCA: MR passenger elevator jointly built by Hitachi Elevator China, Singapore and Japan.
- F-EL: Freight elevator.
- SVC/SED: Elevator for private homes.
- HVF: High speed elevator for high-rise buildings.
- UVF: Ultra high speed elevator for high-rise buildings.
- PlusHeart and Urban Ace: Standard passenger elevator only sold in Japan.
Escalators and moving walks
- SX Model: Standard escalator manufactured by Hitachi Elevator China.
- EX Model: Moving walk
The G1 Tower is an elevator test tower built by Hitachi and was completed in 2010, as part of Hitachi's 100th years anniversary. It is located in the site of Mito Works in Ibaraki. It has 10 floors in total; 9 floors above ground and a basement floor. It is currently the tallest elevator testing tower in the world with a height of 213 meter.
- Main article: Hitachi Elevator Fixtures Guide
Notable installation references
Main article: List of notable Hitachi elevator installations
- Ahmadiah Contracting & Trading Co. (Lebanon)
- Ahmadiah International Elevator Co. W.L.L. (Kuwait)
- Al-Futtaim Engineering L.L.C. (United Arab Emirate)
- E. Zaum Ltd. (Israel)
- Gulf Elevators & Escalators Co. Ltd. (Saudi Arabia)
- Huu Nghi Engineering Corporation (Vietnam)
- Kuwait Jordanian Co. (Jordan)
- Lanka Elevator Engineering (Pvt) Ltd. (Sri Lanka)
- Petrobuild International Elevators Co. W.L.L. (Qatar)
- PT. Sarang Teknik Utama (Indonesia)
- Thang Uy Trading Co. Ltd. (Vietnam)
- Universal Engineering Services L.L.C. (Oman)
Elevator downfall accident in Jakarta
On November 16th, 2007, a 1980s service elevator located in Ratu Plaza office Tower in Jakarta, Indonesia had its suspension ropes broke, causing the elevator car falling down from the lower ground to the basement floor (it was reported that the car falling down from six meters high). Four people were injured.
The building management was told to be responsible for this accident. Police were inspecting the physical look of the elevator and all of the building's equipment.
- Hitachi has a subsidiary company called Guangzhou Guangri Elevator Industries Co. Ltd. based in Guangzhou, China (it has another name called Guangzhou Hitachi). It was established in 1996 and some of their latest products are branded as Hitachi.
- The Chinese elevator manufacturer Shanghai Yungtay Engineering was established from a joint-venture investment between Hitachi and Taiwan Yungtay Engineering.
- Their escalators were also sold in the United States and Australia, but they have been discontinued possibly due to safety reason.
- An example in the United States can be found in the Starks Building in Louisville, KY.
- Few examples in Australia are found in 24-32 Hughes St in Cabramatta and Spotlight Campbelltown, Sydney.
- In Southeast Asia, Hitachi has manufacturing plants located in Singapore and Thailand:
- In Singapore, it is located in Jurong East.
- In Thailand, it is located in Amata Nakorn Industrial Estate Phase 9, Chonburi.
Logos and nameplates
Notes and references
- Official website (global site)
- Official website (Hong Kong)
- Official website (Singapore)
- Official website (Thailand)
- Official website (India)
- Guangzhou Guangri official website
- Mitsubishi Hitachi Home Elevator official website (Japanese)
|Major elevator companies|
|Dover • Express Lift • Fujitec • Hitachi • Hyundai • Kone • Mitsubishi • Otis • Schindler • Sigma • Thyssen • thyssenkrupp • Toshiba|
|Full list: List of elevator and escalator companies|
|See also: Third-party elevator maintenance companies|