Elevator inspection certificate and Escalator inspection certificate is a certificate that show whether the elevator (or escalator) has passed an periodic examination or not. they usually in a form of regular A4-size paper, card or a sticker. For elevators, they are normally displayed inside the elevator car, either displayed on the elevator wall or hidden behind a cabinet. For escalators, they are normally displayed near the escalators entrances.
Some countries like the United Kingdom may don't need to present the inspection certificate but they also need to pass the periodic examination before they can operate to every users.
For the legal responsibility, every elevators (or escalators) must be inspected for every half of the year to two years (called periodic examination). The inspection procedure mainly consists of inspection of either all the safety devices (like overspeed brakes and governor, braking system for traction elevators, pipe-broke stop value for hydraulic elevators, alarm, intercom, door interlocks, etc.) installed in the elevators or all the safety devices (like limit switches and emergency stop buttons) installed in the escalators (These include new installations). Sometimes, re-inspection will applied for major alterations (including modernization).
Notes and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ Some countries may include dumbwaiter, platform lift and stairlift.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 hkelev - Lifts in Japan
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 hkelev - Lifts in Europe
- ↑ hkelev - Lifts in Taiwan
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 hkelev - Document is needed to display in the elevators/escalators (According <Lifts and Escalators (Safety) Ordinance (Chapter 327)>) (Before 17th December, 2012)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 hkelev - Document is needed to display in the elevators/escalators (According <Lifts and Escalators Ordinance (Chapter 618)>) (Started in 17th December, 2012)
- ↑ Technical Investigation Report on Lift Incident at 478-480 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong
- hkelev - Document is needed to display in the elevators/escalators (According <Lifts and Escalators (Safety) Ordinance (Chapter 327)>) (Before 17th December, 2012)
- hkelev - Document is needed to display in the elevators/escalators (According <Lifts and Escalators Ordinance (Chapter 618)>) (Started in 17th December, 2012)
| "The protection wrap in this elevator not yet got removed." |
This article is a stub. You can help Elevatorpedia by expanding it.
Concept: Destination dispatch • Elevator algorithm • Elevator control system • Elevator machine room • Elevator maintenance • Elevator major alterations • Elevator modernization • Machine room less elevator
Elevator systems, controllers and equipments: Elevator fixtures (Elevator fixtures guide) • Elevator keys • Elevator special modes • Elevator doors • Door interlocks (Interlock wiring communication system) • Elevator Inspection Certificate • Old Deadman controls • Overspeed governor • Motor-Generator set & Silicon-controlled rectifier (for DC-powered elevators) • Insulated-gate bipolar transistor (for AC-VVVF-powered elevators)