Earthquake emergency return (EER) (or Earthquake Operation) is an elevator special mode. In this mode, upon activation of primary and/or secondary wave seismic sensors, all cars stop at the nearest floor, and park there with the doors open to facilitate the safe evacuation of passengers. The elevator controller shall be designed according to applicable code requirements for this mode.
- ↑ Seismic requirements for elevators, escalators and moving walks
- ↑ Hitachi introduces elevator with earthquake control operation system
- Earthquake emergency operation calibration - Appendix D (PDF)
- Diagram for Mitsubishi's earthquake emergency return operations
- Mitsubishi's flash movie of the earthquake return (System requirements:Flash Player)
| "The protection wrap in this elevator has not yet been removed." |
This article is a stub. You can help Elevatorpedia by expanding it.
|Elevator Special Modes|
Anti-Crime Protection (ACP) • Attendant service (AS) • Earthquake emergency return (EER) • Emergency power operation (EPR) • Fire service mode (EFS) (Fireman's elevator) • Independent service (ISC) • Inspection service (INS) • Medical emergency/Code Blue service (EHS) • Nudge mode • Peak times modes (Up peak (MIT) • Down peak) • Pet mode • Sabbath service (SHO)
Return to Homepage: Click here