| Dong Yang Elevator Co. Ltd.|
1966 (Seoul, South Korea)
1966 to 2003
Dong Yang was a South Korean elevator and escalator company based in Seoul, South Korea. It was established in 1966 and acquired by ThyssenKrupp in October 2003 and was later known as ThyssenKrupp Dongyang until August 2008 when it is now known as simply ThyssenKrupp.
Dong Yang was founded in 1966. In the early 1970s, Otis had a technical partnership with Dong Yang as a mean of entering the Korean elevator market. They joined with Toshiba's elevator division in 1977 as part of a technical partnership between the two companies. In 1981, Dong Yang exported their elevators to the Philippines. From the 1980s to late 1990s, most of their elevators used fixtures that are similar to Toshiba, due to technical partnership between the two companies. In 1999, Dong Yang cut its partnership with Toshiba and started making their own elevators. The company remained independent until October 1, 2003 when ThyssenKrupp bought Dong Yang and later known as ThyssenKrupp Dongyang. The ThyssenKrupp Dongyang name lasted until August 2008 and it was later known as simply ThyssenKrupp.
Notable elevator series/models
- AC-2: The first model, launched in 1966.
- CV10: Launched in 1979.
- CD10: DC traction elevator.
- CV40: Launched in 1989.
- DY20: Launched in the late 1990s, after Dong Yang cuts its partnership with Toshiba and started making their own models.
Due to technical partnership with Toshiba, some of their elevator models produced from the 1980s to 1990s were based on Toshiba's CV series.
Distributors outside South Korea
- Amanti Lifts (HK) Co. Ltd. (Hong Kong, China)
- Chevalier (Hong Kong and Singapore)
- MBf Norinco Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia)
- PT. Pura Kencana (Indonesia, 1988-2005)
- Main article: List of notable Dong Yang elevator installations
- Dong Yang was the oldest Korean elevator company in South Korea. The second oldest one was GoldStar, which was established in 1968.
Notes and references
- ↑ 엘리베이터 오티스 엘리베이터
- ↑ More information about Dong Yang Elevator
- ↑ ThyssenKrupp Elevator reinforces market position in Malaysia (archived)
- ↑ ThyssenKrupp Elevator (Asia/Pacific) eNews - December 2004 (archived) (Refer to Page 8)
- ↑ PT. Pura Kencana was acquired by ThyssenKrupp AG on August 7, 2005.
- ↑ ThyssenKrupp Elevator (Asia Pacific) eNews - December 2005 (archived) (Refer to Page 9)