|Dewhurst Group plc|
1919 (United Kingdom)
Melbourne Dewhurst, Howard Marryat
See "worldwide locations" section
Dewhurst (or Dewhurst Group plc) is an independent elevator components, keypad and rail industries supplier in the United Kingdom. The company was founded in 1919 and the Dewhurst Group now has sales of around US $50 million and employs over 300 people in locations around the world.
Dewhurst was founded by Melbourne Dewhurst and Howard Marryat in 1919. In 1971, a breakthrough was made with the launch of the US81 Original Pushbutton.
- Main article: Dewhurst Fixtures Guide.
Dewhurst also provide keypad for NCR's Automated Teller Machine (ATM).
Dewhurst also provide few components for railway industry, such as door carriage open button and other components.
Dewhurst has their group links located in six countries.
- Dewhurst plc
- Distributor of the Formula Systems door sensors
- Traffic Management Products
- Thames Valley Controls
- Cortest Limited
- Dupar Controls (called The Fixtures Company in United States around 2013 and before)
- Elevator Research & Manufacturing
- Thames Valley Controls
- Australian Lift Components
- Lift Material Australia
- J.A.S. Engineering
- Dupar Controls
- Dewhurst Hungary
Hong Kong, China
- Heathrow Airport Terminal 5, London, United Kingdom (2008)
- The Shard, London, United Kingdom (2012)
- National Rail stations, United Kingdom
- International Commerce Centre, Hong Kong, China (2009)
- Hong Kong Mass Transit Railway, Hong Kong, China (1990s to present)
- Most of the Public Housing Estate blocks built by Hong Kong Housing Authority, Hong Kong, China (1970s to present)
- Most of HDB flats built by Housing and Development Board, Singapore (1990s to present)
- Mass Rapid Transit, Singapore (2000s to 2012)
- Kone Test Centre, Tytyri, Finland
- Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex, Melbourne, Australia
- The USA-based Elevator Research & Manufacturing is a division company of Dewhurst Group plc.
- As "hkelev.com" stated, Dewhurst is the largest elevator buttons manufacturer in the whole elevator industry.
Notes and references
- ↑ Product Guide
- ↑ TL Jones: Avire chooses Dewhurst as Hong Kong distributor
- ↑ Beginning with both Tung Chung Line and Airport Express.
- ↑ Only for elevators installed in most stations on the North South Line (NSL), East West Line (EWL) and Circle Line (CCL) where most of the elevators Toshiba, except for few stations like Orchard, Somerset, Tanjong Pagar, Expo, and Changi Airport where most or a small portion of their elevators are Otis with Otis buttons. Also excluding Downtown Line (DTL) stations where most of the elevators are Otis using STEP buttons.
- ↑ AMAZING KONE/Toshiba Doubledeck elevator @ KONE Test Center, Tytyri, Finland.
- ↑ "上面已經有朋友說中了地點，這是又一城L2號客機，來往MTR層至2樓，但此機已不再停MTR層。現時升降機行業最大的按鈕生產商Dewhurst(舊稱Dupar)，除生產升降機按鈕外，也有生產鐵路系統按鈕，包括港鐵召喚專線的按鈕。但主圖中按鈕從何而來，就不得而知了。", Facebook Page "hkelev.com".