|Cibes Lift AB|
Utmarksvägen 13, 802 91 Gävle, Sweden
Low speed screw driven platform lifts, cabin lifts and stairlifts
Cibes Lift is a Swedish company specializes in low speed screw-driven elevators and accessibility solutions for private and public environments. Based in Gävle, Sweden, the company makes platform lift, cabin lifts and stairlifts. It is one of the leading manufacturers of low speed screw-driven elevators with more than 32.000 units installed, 340 employees, has branches in 50 countries, and more than 200 distributors.
Cibes Lift is a brand of Cibes Lift Group. The group operates three brands of platform lift, cabin lift and stairlift products; Cibes Lift, Kalea Lifts, and NTD Lifts. The name Cibes Lift was taken from its founder; Civil engineer Bertil Svegberg.
Cibes was founded in 1947 by Bertil Svegberg, and at that time he originally made freight elevators. They developed their first generation disabled lifts and marketed on the Swedish market in the mid 1960s. Later in the 1970s, they developed a unique screw-driven design elevators and were recommended by Swedish authority responsible for work environment issue because of its high safety levels, and in the 1980s, they launched A-Lift, a lift designed for disabled people with shaft walls which became a market success. In the 1990s, Cibes began exporting their product to Finland and Norway, and eventually exported to outside the Scandinavia. The company is also one of the co-founders of the European Platform & Stairlift Association (EPSA) in the late 1990s.
Subsidiaries and joint venture
- Aesy Liften B.V (Netherland)
- Aesy Lift België B.V.B.A. (Belgium)
- Axess 4 All Ltd. (United Kingdom)
- Cibes Lift UK Ltd. (United Kingdom)
- Hissipörssi Yhtiöt Oy (Finland)
- Cibes Lift France SARL (France)
- Cibes Lift AS (Norway)
- Cibes Lift Ibérica S.L (Spain)
- Cibes Lift Asia Ltd. (Hong Kong, China)
- Cibes Lift AB Shanghai Company Limited (China)
- Cibes Kalea Sverige AB (Sweden)
- Cibes Lift International AB
- Cibes Lift MENA DWC-LCC (joint venture with Al-Qaqa Group in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, for Middle East and North Africa region)
- Cibes Lift (Thailand) Co. Ltd. (Thailand)
- New Zealand Engineering Services (New Zealand)
- Octagon Lifts (Australia)
- PT. Cibes Lift Indonesia (Indonesia)
- Solar Alert Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia)
Cibes makes five types of modular platform lifts:
- A4000: Platform lift for private homes that can fits in stairwells.
- A5000: Platform lift for adaptable solution which can be installed for indoor or outdoor environments and avaiable in 7 dimensions.
- A7000: High back platform lift with decoration mirror.
- A8000: Heavy duty platform lift (up to 1000 kg/8 persons) for loading of goods and stretcher.
- B385: Open platform lift which can travel up to 3 meters.
Cibes also makes conventional elevators (called Cabin Lifts) for residential and commercial buildings using screw and nut driven mechanism and either manual or automatic sliding doors. The cabin lift models in production are:
- A6000: Cabin lift for existing shafts.
- A6000S: Cabin lift with its own shaft.
- A9000: Luxurious cabin lift with ready-made shaft.
Cibes makes stairlifts for private and public buildings and can be installed indoor or outdoor. They are:
- S200: Weather-proofed stairlift for straight stairways.
- S300: Foldable stairlift for straight stairways.
- SwingOn: Fully automatic folding stairlift with unique lifting and turning motion.
- TeamSportia store, Gävle
- Gävle Concert Hall, Gävle
- Lantmäterigatan 2A, Gävle
- Dalarna University (Library), Falun
- Lugnet Ski Stadium, Falun
- Källgatan 11, Södernham
- Ohlsons Tyger, Kugnsgatan
- Öster Centrum, Österväg 6, Visby, Gotland
- Hangövägen 26, Värtahamnen
- Tekniska Museet
- Zinkensdamm Hostel
- Växbovägen 17B, Bollnäs
- Jumbo Stay, Stockholm
- Doctor Experience, Cardiff (Wales), United Kingdom
- David Lloyds, Worthing, United Kingdom
- Bart Smit - Elzaspassage Shopping Mall, Helmond, Netherland
- Mall Chodov, Prague, Czech Republic
- PT. Cibes Lift Indonesia office, The Kensington Commercial, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Wellington International Airport, Wellington, New Zealand
- Hotel Parque Central Iberostar, Havana, Cuba
- Cibes Lift also manufactures their products and marketed under the KALEA brand with different series. For example, their A#### platform lifts are marketed as KALEA A4. This is because KALEA is a subsidiary of Cibes Lift. The same case also goes to NTD Lifts, another brand of the Cibes Lift Group.
Notes and references
- Cibes Lift Group
- Official website
- Kalea Lifts
- NTD Lifts
- Facebook page
- Cibes Lift Design Portal
- Cibes Lift article on Wikipedia
|Wheelchair/platform lift companies|
|Access Elevator & Lifts • Aritco • Cibes Lift (Kalea Lifts • NTD Lifts) • DomusLift • Garaventa Lift • Motala Hissar • movemanSKG • Savaria Concord|
|Full list: List of elevator and escalator companies|
|See also: Third-party elevator maintenance companies|